Last Revised: March 14, 2019
- Who We Are.This website is maintained and operated by Hall Venture Partners, LLC (“HVP”), which provides services to various affiliated entities. Such entities are legally separate from HVP and are sometimes referenced in these Terms as “HVP entities”.
- Materials; Right to Use. The content, materials, and information available on or through this website are referred to herein as “Materials”. You are granted the right and license to access the materials subject to these Terms, and to download materials solely for your own personal (or internal) use. We reserve all rights with respect to the design and content of this website. You are not granted any right to copy or use the design or content of this website except as specifically stated in these Terms.
- Password Protected Areas. Some Materials may be made available through a password protected area on this website. The following provisions apply to your access to such Materials:
- Your password is confidential and may be used only by the individual or entity to whom it is issued.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password.You agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session and to take other reasonable steps to prevent any unauthorized use of your password.
- All Materials accessed through a password protected area are confidential and are governed by the written agreements between you and the applicable HVP entity.By accessing such Materials, you reaffirm all of your obligations under those agreements.
- No Warranties.Except for Materials provided through a password protected area ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” MAY NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSE, AND ARE NOT SUBJECT TO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. We expressly disclaim any representation or warranty with regard to the accuracy, completeness, usefulness, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose of any Materials and any representation or warranty that any materials on this website or linked to this website are free from viruses or other harmful code. The Materials provided through a password protected area are subject to the terms and conditions of the written agreement between you and the applicable HVP entity. We accept no responsibility for viruses, malware, or other malicious or damaging software contained in the Materials or otherwise.
- Third-Party Information; Third-Party Sites.
- Some Materials include or consist of information that has been provided by third parties and has not been validated or verified by us. Other materials may be incomplete due to confidentiality obligations to investors, portfolio companies, and others. We make no representation of any kind regarding the completeness or accuracy of such information.
- No Offer, Solicitation, or Advice. Except to the extent expressly set out in Materials provided through a password protected area on this website, or as otherwise specified by an HVP entity in writing, nothing on this website is intended to constitute (i) an offer, or solicitation of an offer, to purchase or sell any security, other asset or service, (ii) investment advice or an offer to provide such advice, or (iii) a basis for making any investment decision. Neither this website nor any of the Materials make any effort to present a comprehensive or balanced description of HVP or its investment activities. The Materials are presented for informational purposes only and should not be construed as investment advice. Any analysis or discussion of investments, sectors, or the market generally are based on current information, including from public sources, that we consider reliable, but we do not represent that any research or the information provided is accurate or complete, and it should not be relied on as such. Our views and opinions expressed in any website content are current at the time of publication and are subject to change. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
- Ownership of Trademarks, Etc. All text, photos, graphics, logos, content, and other Materials on this website are protected by United States and foreign copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. We grant no license to use any trademarks, trade names, and logos for any purpose, and you agree that you will not use any of the Materials in a manner that infringes any of the rights of HVP or any HVP entity.
- Submitting a Business Plan or Other Confidential Information.Due to the large number of business plan ideas and related materials that we review, and the similarity of many such plans and materials, we cannot accept responsibility for protecting against misuse or disclosure any confidential or proprietary information or other materials in the absence of our express written agreement to do so. Any plans, information and other materials you submit in connection with this website may be used or disclosed by us for any purpose and in any manner, as we determine in our sole discretion. Please consider this carefully before sending us any information or other materials that you deem confidential or proprietary.
- Limitation of Liability. Except as specifically agreed by an HVP entity in writing, NEITHER HVP NOR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AFFILIATES SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY BASED UPON YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS, INCLUDING LIABILITY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some jurisdictions limit our ability to disclaim liability. With regard to those jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the greatest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Modification of these Terms. We reserve the right to modify these Terms at any time. Your continued use of this Website after the posting of changes constitutes your binding acceptance of such changes.
- Miscellaneous.If it is illegal or prohibited in your country of origin to access or use this Website, then you should not do so. Anyone who chooses to access this website outside the United States of America does so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all local laws and regulations. These Terms, and any disputes relating to these Terms or your use of this Website or the Materials, shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Any disputes relating to these Terms shall be resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts located in the State of Utah.